- Optimized unique fault location system for low voltage networks
- Low weight, portable
- High surge energy 600 joule (optional 1000 joule)
- Output voltage adjustable in 0.1 kV steps
- Easy operation and self-explanatory menu guidance
- Automatic menu operated HV-switch
- Backlit graphics LCD display
- Integrated cable storage compartment
- Protective cover for control panel
- Designed for high safety
- Safety control circuit according to VDE 0104
- 2 separated discharge devices for the cable and the internal components
- Identification of short circuit and breakdown
- Integrated coupling filter for SIM application (option)
- Return voltage protected high voltage output (option)
- Insulation resistance measurement (option)
The low voltage cable fault location system STG 600 includes a surge generator, a high voltage source for testing and precise location of sheath and cable insulation faults. The STG 600 is a multifunctional cable fault locating set especially designed for low voltage power distribution networks. The surge and test generator is used for cable testing and for pin-pointing of high-resistance and intermittent faults in low voltage cables. An optional coupling filter can be integrated in the STG 600 enabling the use of the highly sophisticated and efficient prelocating method: secondary impulse method/multiple impulse method (SIM-MIM).
The multifunctional STG 600 replaces the following functions of earlier individual instruments:
- DC cable test set by menu "CABLE TESTING"
- Low voltage surge generator menu "SURGE
- SIM coupling filter by menu "SIM" (option)
- Cable sheath fault location test set by menu "SHEATH FAULT LOCATION"